Friday 17 August 2012

The art of Ombré

After resting for more than 1 week, I miss decorating with fondant... So here I am with my product. I always thought that ombré coloured items were pretty! That was the inspiration for today's cake design, plus I love handbags!! The very first fondant cake I made was actually a simple pink boston bag, so I wanted to try making a handbag again but of course with a different design, just to satisfy my own desire.
Hmm... I wish my bag were real! I wanted to make it hot pink actually (my favourite color) but I had too much purple on hand, so I just went with what I had at that moment. The frills around the cake took me quite awhile to complete as there were sooo many layers! I was pretty happy with the slow gradual change in the tone of purple. Some how feel that the photos don't do the purple justice, looks much prettier in real life. Inside the cake is my experimented carrot cake with cream cheese frosting:D

Purplishious handbag!



frills!



No comments:

Post a Comment