Monday 11 March 2013

Introducing Tiger! Puurrrr.....

Feeling very catish these days.. haha! so I made another cat but slightly different. I love this piece, never thought I would be able to achieve something like this... Getting inspiration from Puss in Boots, meet my pet kitty, Tiger!
Meow!
Took about 3 days to do this, slowly took my time on it, coz I wanted it to be perfect, but I realized it is quite difficult to achieve perfection for my first attempt. Sigh... but at least I gave it my best shot! In order to keep my pet, I had to make it out of rice crispies, there is no cake inside, its made up out only rice crispies! Everything is still edible except for the whiskers which is made up of floral wires. I couldn't decide on what I wanted to do, I thought I could make the cat stand on his feet, but it wouldn't fit into my container! :( so I had to shorten the entire base, made it sit in a boot instead. Overall I'm pretty happy with this, I think it was one of my best work so far.

moulding the rice crispies

covering the head with fondant

attaching the eyes

Done with the head

doing the body with the boots

attaching the paw, meow... almost there!

Adding the boot and giving him a little more color on the body! 


No comments:

Post a Comment