Tuesday 5 February 2013

PME Teacher's Training Seminar Cake

Recently, I have attended the PME Teacher's Training Seminar. It was over 5 days from 9 - 5pm and boy was it stressful! omg! I couldn't even have proper meals. I go to class everyday at 8am and leave the center only at 8.30pm. I never go out of the center for lunch as I was overwhelmed with the number of things which we were tasked to do! gosh! it was like squeezing 3 PME modules into 5 days! I had no life that 5 days. My life was just a routine! wake up --> cake decorate --> eat bread (lunch) --> cake decorate --> eat bread (dinner) --> cake decorate --> sleep! Then the cycle began again for the next 4 days! jeez... really felt like giving up a few times, I just wanted to sit there and cry... Stress from the instructor and stress from the lizards... But thank god I preserved!

It was really enriching thou, I felt my cake decorating skills improve by like 10 folds, especially the royal icing module on bridges and extension. It was my worse nightmare! But it actually wasn't so bad after all, after getting the right techniques. :D Kinda like royal icing now heh!

Pretty happy that I was selected to attend the seminar, now it all boils down to the PME side where they will scrutinize our pictures which we submitted. I really am hoping to become qualified to teach PME. *fingers crossed*

Final cake

Royal Iced collar with border

bridges and extensions


No comments:

Post a Comment