Sunday 5 August 2012

PME Masters Certificate achieved!

My final cake for my final PME class! royal icing cakes... I never really liked piping, I thought I was pretty bad with it, that's why all my cakes are decorated with fondant only... Well after this course I like piping now, coz the products can be pretty too :) however, very time consuming to achieve! My final cake looks pretty incomplete especially the top of the cake! :s I didn't have time to finish the top... I took 4 hrs just to pipe the extension and bridges at the top tier, and doing brush embriodary on my bottom tier, at the end of my 5 hr class I just felt like going home to sleep... piping is tiring! But I'm glad that I improved slightly day by day as I practice almost every night for 1 week trying to squeeze the royal icing from the bag, my hands wanted to die... it's not as easy as you think after you add tylose and try to squeeze the icing out through a tip 1 or 2... hmmm i should take an upclose picture of the bridge (will add it on later)



My favourite part of the cake
And for all the hardwork, my PME masters certificate!

No comments:

Post a Comment